Susan Scarlet Macaw – Sales and Operations
Susan Scarlet Macaw holds the record for fastest time on a single speed bicycle in the Furnace Creek 508 race. She’s raced in the prestigious Paris-Brest-Paris which might as well be the Super Bowl of Randoneuring. It’s safe to say that Susan knows a thing or two about bicycles, so when she finds one she likes, you can bet on it being the best tool for the job.
It only takes one ride on Utah roads during the winter to arrange a meeting with black ice, and hitting the deck in subzero temps is enough to discourage even the heartiest of winter commuters. Susan’s role as Sales and Operations Manager is integral to Volagi’s continued success and she takes no chances with her cold weather transportation. She has opted for studded tires over slicks, an 11-32T cassette for climbing up slippery slopes, full fenders, and a flat bar for stability in the roughest of conditions.
Rugged functionality? No doubt. Beautifully designed bike? We think so. Take a look at the bike that gets Susan from point A to point B:
- Planet Bike full coverage fenders with mud gaurds and Viaje-specific fork struts
- Salsa flat handlebar with Ergon Evo grips
- Shimano XT hydraulic brake/shifter levers, Sram Red front derailleur and chain spotter, FSA carbon compact crankset, 11-32T cassette, with a Shimano Shadow Plus XT derailleur
- Suomi studded tires for extra traction on icy roads
- Cygolite Expilion 800 headlight