Volagi™ Innovations: Defy Boundaries
The patent-pending LongBow Flex™ stay is a radical departure from the norm. We separated the seat stays from the seat tube and lengthened it to maximize the carbon fibers inherent ability to absorb road vibrations.
We then optimized the shape and carbon layup of each stay. This further enhances the ability to flex vertically while remaining stiff horizontally for control and efficient power transfer.
- Patent pending flex stay design with maximum vibration absorbing technology
- Vertical compliance (5.5mm/kN) for smoother ride, reducing rider fatigue
- Inverted oval stay with extended strut design to increase control and promote efficient power transfer
The result is that Volagi bikes are smooth over the long haul, but quick and nimble up and down the hills.
Disc brakes have been used on bikes for years, but Volagi is the first to equip a high end carbon road bike.
Imagine a sports car still using rubber pads on the rim for braking. There is a reason almost every modern vehicle has adapted the use of disc brakes. Disc brakes perform consistently in wet, dry, hot and cold conditions; even with bent rims and broken spokes. Without rim calipers, you have the freedom to run larger tires, and full fenders for the rough conditions during those long winter months.
• Fully adjustable Avid BB7 road disc brakes
• Stainless Steel superlight weight Tektro Lyra Rotor, 160mm (f), 140mm (r)
We didn’t just slap on disc brakes. We carefully engineered the hubs, rims, and hand picked the rotors and calipers to provide the best braking system without compromising weight or performance. You have to try them to believe them.
A cyclist riding 20 mph can use more than 80% of his energy just fighting the wind. What a drag! This means if he or she is riding all day on a double century, he or she is doing lots of work just fighting that invisible liquid we call wind. Every segment of the frame from the fork, down tube, seat post and rear stay has been optimized to be as aerodynamic as possible, while retaining the stiffness and strength for handling and efficient power transfer.
• Aero formed tubing for time trial like bike performance.
• Engineered to reduce wind drag while maintaining stiffness for power transfer.
A more balanced position improves performance over distance and over a period of time. We designed a slightly longer head tube to optimize rider position to endure mile after mile.
• Tapered 1-1/8” to 1-3/8” tube design for stiffness and control
• Allows better fit and position for comfort and position.
Ride quality has as much to do with geometry as frame materials, which is why we have selected the best carbon lay-up to keep you rolling sun up to sun down.
• Monocoque design for strength and stiffness.
• Nano carbon particle with Smooth Wall layering construction
• All Liscio Models built with a blend of 30/24T Carbon