LONGBOW FLEX™ STAY SUSPENSION
The patented LongBow Flex™ stay is a radical departure from the norm. We separated the seat stays from the seat tube and lengthened it to maximize the carbon fibers inherent ability to absorb road vibrations. We then optimized the shape and carbon layup of each stay, further enhancing the bike’s ability to flex vertically while remaining stiff horizontally for control and efficient power transfer.
- Patented flex stay design with maximum vibration absorbing technology
- Vertical compliance (5.5mm/kN) for smoother ride, reducing rider fatigue
- Inverted oval stay with extended strut design to increase control and promote efficient power transfer
- The result is a high performance, comfortable bicycle, smooth over the long haul but quick and nimble up and down the hills.
HIGH PERFORMANCE DISC BRAKES
As the first bicycle manufacturer to equip a high performance carbon road bike with disc brakes, Volagi Cycles has long been on the leading edge of road disc brake technology. Working along side some of the top component manufacturers in the country, Volagi Cycles has tested and perfected the integration of disc brakes on our bicycles. The entire line of Volagi bicycles can be equipped with offerings from a variety of different component manufacturers:
- TRP Brakes – Spyre Mechanical, HyRd Hydraulic
- SRAM – 700-S Hydraulic, Red 22 Hydro
- Shimano – BR-CX75 Road Mechanical
- Hayes – CX5 Road Mechanical
- Avid – BB7 mechanical
Imagine a sports car still using rubber pads on the rim for braking. There is a reason why almost every modern vehicle has adapted the use of disc brakes. Disc brakes perform consistently in wet, dry, hot and cold conditions–even with bent rims and broken spokes. Without rim calipers, you have the freedom to run larger tires, and full fenders for adverse road and weather conditions. And we don’t just slap on disc brakes. We carefully engineer our frames, hubs, and rims, and hand pick the rotor/caliper combinations to provide the best braking system without compromising weight or performance. Welcome to the disc brake revolution.
VOLAGI™ AERO FRAME DESIGN
A cyclist riding 20 mph can use more than 80% of their energy just fighting the wind. This means if a cyclist is riding all day on a double century, they are unnecessarily fighting that invisible liquid we call wind. Every segment of the frame from the fork, down tube, seat post and rear stay has been optimized to be as aerodynamic as possible, while retaining the stiffness and strength for handling and efficient power transfer.
- Aero formed tubing for time trial like bike performance.
- Engineered to reduce wind drag while maintaining stiffness for power transfer.
MONOCOQUE FRAME DESIGN WITH HIGH MODULUS 30/24T CARBON
Ride quality has as much to do with geometry as frame materials, which is why we have selected the best carbon lay-up to keep you rolling sun up to sun down.
- Monocoque design for strength and stiffness.
- Nano carbon particle with Smooth Wall layering construction
- All Liscio Models built with a blend of 30/24T Carbon
EXTENDED HEAD TUBE
A more balanced position improves performance over distance and over a period of time. We designed a slightly longer head tube to optimize rider position to endure mile after mile.
- Tapered 1-1/8” to 1-3/8” tube design for stiffness and control
- Allows better fit and position for comfort and position.
Options are virtually limitless when you can switch from your 23mm wide racing wheels to your 40c knobby 29ers in seconds, all on the same bike. Don’t ever let tire clearance be the limiting factor for where your ride can take you.
The Viaje has wide enough clearance for 40c tires or 32c tires with fenders. Ride from pave, to gravel, to single track in one day and then do it all over again. The Liscio boasts clearance for 28c tires or 25c tires with fenders.